|Job Title||Operations Manager*|
|Location||El Sobrante, CA*||*Position is based out of El Sobrante, CA|
|Reports to||Director of Operations|
Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports To: Director of Operations
The Operations Manager is responsible for day-to-day operations of a high-volume ambulance company. Responsibilities for this position include facilitation of internal communication between field staff and management, outside agency interfaces and relationships, system status monitoring, facilitating scheduling needs, equipment and supply maintenance, as well as other operational support functions as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Acts as a role model within and outside the work environment
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly and proactively with management about department issues and opportunities
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Conveys awareness and understanding of the various internal and external cultures
- Excellent time management skills and punctuality
- Maintains high productivity and quality standards
- Cultivates and maintains appropriate customer relations
- Adheres to Falcon Critical Care Transport Policy and Procedures
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaison with patients, public safety agencies, training institutions, hospital personnel, and other system users.
- Ensure maintenance of quality field operations through daily contact, oversight, communication, and evaluation.
- Ensure PCR’s and other field paperwork is 100% reconciled daily in conjunction with the PCR processing.
- Ensure 100% of operational response exceptions are brought to closure with appropriate action.
- Provide staff counseling and guidance and information regarding Falcon operations.
- Promptly investigates incidents involving assigned units or personnel, including, filing of internal and external reports, and counseling staff.
- Ensure maintenance of adequate levels of staffing, equipment and medical supplies for field units.
- Serve on committees with other departments to set policies and generate ideas, being a proactive and engaged participant.
- Maintain availability during disaster situations or mass casualty incidents, assisting in any capacity needed.
- Responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal employment laws and company policies. (i.e., Americans with Disability Act, Affirmative Action Plan, etc.).
- Champion affirmative action efforts in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to staffing, training, promotion, etc.
- Responsible for compliance with and enforcement of company/department policies and procedures.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
- Prepare reports and manage projects as assigned by Director of Operations.
- Utilize available resources to drive adherence to set utilization metrics.
- Implement and enforce company policies and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, healthcare or appropriate field of study or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of emergency medical operations experience.
- Minimum 3 years in general supervisory experience, including financial management and employee supervision.
- Must have/able to obtain an ambulance license and have a driving record in compliance with Falcon Critical Care Transport’s policy regarding insurability.
- Must maintain a valid State of California Paramedic Certification or EMT Certification, as well as any and all other licenses and certification required by field personnel.
- Must continuously maintain valid certifications in AHA BLS Provider CPR and a Medical Examiners Certificate.
- Demonstrated effective track record of cultivating internal and external client and vendor relationships.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Falcon Critical Care Transport invests in our people and our culture. We provide our employees with full medical, vision, and dental benefits and the option to contribute to a 401K plan.