|Job Title||Billing Specialist*|
|Location||El Sobrante, CA*||*Position is based out of El Sobrante, CA|
|Reports to||Billing Manager|
Falcon Critical Care Transport is looking for a full time Ambulance Claims Billing Specialist. This is a full time, benefited position, Monday through Friday.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in medical billing, with the skills necessary to improve our current billing procedures and reduce A/R days. A successful applicant will work on a number of tasks requiring data analysis, in-depth evaluation and exercising judgement within the appropriate scope of practice.
We are looking for an individual who exhibits a positive attitude and a drive to succeed and see results. You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills, as well as an ability to equally work independently as well as within a team.
- Perform posting charges and completion of claims to payers in a timely fashion
- Verification of insurance coverage
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation
- Maintain up to date knowledge of insurance provisions and contract requirements
- Maintain compliance (Medicare, Medi-Cal, HIPAA)
- Work claims and claim denials to ensure maximum reimbursement for services provided
- Monitor accounts for timely payment
- Denial and entry correction
- Assist callers with billing issues
- Minimum of 1-2 years recent Medical Billing experience is required. Ambulance Claims billing experience is preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Equally able to work independently as well as within a team
- Organized, detail-oriented and focused
- Type 30-35 WPM (Typing test will be required)
- Must portray a positive company image to personnel and maintain a professional appearance and personable attitude
- Must be computer literate (i.e.: Excel, Word, etc.)
Located in Northern California, Falcon Critical Care Transports serves over 20 counties and is contracted with the top hospital and healthcare systems in the region.
Falcon Critical Care Transport invests in our people and our culture. We provide our employees with full medical, vision, and dental benefits and the option to contribute to a 401K plan.
Enjoy working in a mid-size company that still has that family-style environment, where making connections that will last a lifetime. Falcon not only provides you with the tools to achieve your career goals, but we work with you every step of the way.
Visit our website at www.falconambulance.com and see why we are the premier provider in the Bay Area!
Why work at Falcon? We offer:
- Competitive wages plus employee bonus program!
- Upward mobility in the company
- Flexible schedules and work hours
- Contracted with the #1 health provider in Northern California
- Competitive benefits
- Open teaching environment and collaborative workspace
- State-of-the-art equipment and upgraded vehicles