|Job Title||Patient Lift Technician*|
|Location||El Sobrante, CA*||*Position is based out of El Sobrante, CA|
Located in Northern California, Falcon Critical Care Transports serves over 20 counties and is contracted with the top hospital and healthcare systems in the region. We are looking for Patient Lift Technicians, both new and experienced, to join our team.
The Patient Lift Technician is responsible for transporting patients. We are looking for strong individuals with a desire to learn. As a lift tech you will be taught proper lifting, patient movement techniques, gurney operations, and driving. This is a great position for anyone looking to get a firsthand look at the medical field and/or emergency medical services.
In order to perform this position's essential job functions, you must be willing and able to frequently lift, push, pull, or carry 150 lbs. (5-10 times per shift). Please apply only if you meet these qualifications.
We are looking for highly competent individuals with a strong ability to follow directions, learn quickly and provide superior customer service. It is a crucial role to our team and provides excellent experience to those wishing to pursue careers in medicine and medical transport. This is a full-time position eligible for benefits.
- Transferring a patient from hospital bed to gurney or wheelchair.
- Operating a wheelchair and gurney equipped vehicle.
- Working with a partner for gurney and stair chair calls.
- Communicating with our dispatch team, hospital nurses, the passenger, and family members.
- Helping bring our passengers from bedside to doctor side.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS of a Patient Lift Technician:
- Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Walk - frequently, up to 4 hours per day.
- Run - infrequently, 1-2 minutes per day.
- Stand - frequently, up to 2 hours per day.
- Sit - frequently, up to 8 hours per day.
- Kneel - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Bend - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 250 lbs. infrequently (1-3 times per shift)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 150 lbs. frequently (5-10 times per shift)
- Must have ability to step up and/ or climb over obstacles.
- Must be able to climb stairs while carrying up to 150 lbs.
- Current CPR for Healthcare Provider card
- CA Driver's License
- Must be able to frequently lift 100 pounds unassisted and to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time
- Must be available 3-5 days/week and for approximately 10 hours per day (Full time availability a plus)
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- Customer service experience a plus
- Must portray a positive Company image and attitude to personnel
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to communicate and understand English verbally and written
Come see what the Falcon way is all about. Enjoy working in a mid-size company that still has that family-style environment, where making connections that will last a lifetime. Falcon not only provides you with the tools to achieve your career goals, but we work with you every step of the way.
Visit our website at www.falconambulance.com and see why we are the premier provider in the Bay Area!
Why work at Falcon? We offer:
- Upward mobility in the company
- Flexible schedules and work hours
- Contracted with the #1 health provider in Northern California
- Competitive benefits
- Open teaching environment and collaborative workspace
- State-of-the-art equipment and upgraded vehicles