|Job Title||Communications Manager*|
|Location||El Sobrante, CA*||*Position is based out of El Sobrante, CA|
|Reports to||Director of Support Operations|
As the Communications Manager at Falcon Critical Care Transport you will provide strategic direction, hands-on leadership, and excellence in planning and process building within our 24-hr communication center. You will be an integral part of a growing company focused on providing industry leading patient care! Candidate should be a self-starter with strong management, organizational, and analytical skills, as well as energized and passionate about working at a mission driven ambulance company.
This is a full-time job based in El Sobrante, CA (10 minutes north of Berkeley). The Communications Manager will lead an expanding team of 10+ and report to the Director of Operations Support.
- Manages, evaluates and oversees the overall operation of Falcon communication center, including call taking, dispatching and training; develops, recommends and implements new and revised policies, procedures and work methods based on current needs and customer requirements; oversees the implementation of communication directives to ensure efficient operations
- Monitors and reports efficiency metrics; conducts analysis on ambulance dispatch efficiency and provides recommendations for operational improvements and new performance indicators
- Hires and manages supervisory and operating staff; administers performance evaluations; recommends and administers progressive rewards/discipline; conducts or facilitates staff training and development programs
- Manages and oversees the Falcon’s communication training programs for new and current employees; ensures training activities are provided and documented; implements and monitors employee work plans to achieve department goals and objectives; plans, evaluates, coordinates and maintains training records; develops and recommends short and long term training goals for training new communications staff; tracks trends of progression or decline in trainee performance
- Receives, investigates and resolves complaints and inquiries from customers and other agencies regarding services provided; serves as the center's liaison with customers and agencies to resolve communication problems and concerns
- Prepares annual and supplemental budgets for Falcon’s communication division; monitors service, equipment and payroll expenditures; recommends changes in staffing levels, and equipment purchases and upgrades
- Maintain relationships with customer communication centers and external agencies and coordinate information sharing with these groups
- Ensure communication compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local regulations and requirements
- Balanced leader with the ability to relate to people at all levels of the organization
- Strategic thinker with sound technical skills, analytical ability and strong operational focus
- 5+ years of increasingly responsible experience in emergency/healthcare communications
- California Basic POST Dispatcher and EMD Certifications are a plus
Falcon Critical Care Transport invests in our people and our culture. We provide our employees with full medical, vision, and dental benefits and the option to contribute to a 401K plan.